Friday, September 17, 2021

Making The Change With The Entire Family!

 After learning what I have about proper nutrition and diet over the past several weeks I wanted to begin getting my family on board. My husband has been slowly cutting his carbs back since I started and this week is trying to stay under 50 carbs per day for the benefits of ketosis. So he is trying to make positive changes, too! 

I sat down and had a chat with the whole family on Monday and told the kids that I wanted to get as much processed food out of their diet as we can. I want all of us to eat more whole foods and make items from scratch. Amazingly enough, my kids were both open to this idea and were even glad for some of the changes! And if you are wondering, I have a 15 year old daughter named Morgan & an 11 year old son named Marcus. My kids will still be allowed carbs but healthy ones will be our goal most of the time. No more carbage for them! I read that term in a book of mine and love it! Because bad carbs are pretty much garbage for our bodies!

So I cleared out our cupboards and placed everything we are going to get rid of on the counter! The pictures below don't include my can food items as I haven't gotten to that yet. I told the kids they have until Monday to finish off what ever they want on the counter. But come Monday it is all getting donated to my employees at work and a food shelf!




I have to say, it's not a lot of stuff for a household of 4. I do try to make a big effort to limit our processed food consumption already when it comes to meals. Snacks on the other hand are an easy food item to buy for quick snacks. I think this will take the most adjusting for the kids, but they are up for it!  Either way, I am glad we are making this change and taking most of the processed foods out of our diet! 

The kids will be allowed one processed snack to have in the house that they can eat once or twice a week. My son loves Cheez It's and I wanted him to be able to still enjoy them, but in moderation. My daughter hasn't chose an item yet and that is fine with us, it isn't required of them and I would be happy to see them not choose that option! 

We are all looking forward to making adjustments and I do mean that! Even the kids expressed they liked the idea! They trust me and know that I wouldn't do this unless I thought it was better for us. I will do a follow up on how things go once most of the processed food is out of the house! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment