Monday, September 6, 2021

Day 301 - A Trip To The Fair!

The family and I went to the Champlain Valley Fair last night and I have to say I had no hesitation about going. I knew what I could eat and was quite prepared! My experience with dealing with food last night.....easy!! I had an Italian sausage with peppers, onions & mustard, minus the bun of course. Then 2 foot long hot dogs plain, again minus the buns. Next time I will put some mustard on those dogs but they were still good! I was full and very satisfied and didn't miss any of the sweet treats offered at the fair and I'm really not a huge deep fat fried food fan so I usually steer clear of that anyway. Popcorn was probably the only thing I thought would be nice to have walking by it, but I didn't feel like I "had to have it"! I was amazed at how easy it was to say no to so many of the offerings at the fair!

My only regret was not walking around and seeing everything that was offered first. I later discovered fajitas and steak sandwiches were available and had wished I waited to eat so I could see all that was available before I made a decision. But I was on a timeline to eat by 7pm, plus, I forgot that the Champlain Valley Fair usually has much better food options then our local fair. So next time, I'll be scoping out the food vendors thoroughly before I eat hot dogs! Because honestly, I would have loved to have steak last night!

I am super proud of myself and can totally see this way of eating becoming a lifestyle change for me! Win, win in my book!





Going to the fair also ended up being great exercise! Here are my stats from yesterday:




No comments:

Post a Comment