Saturday, September 4, 2021

300 Days Since I Started This Weight Loss Journey & Morning Weigh In!

I can't believer I have been on this journey for 300 days as of today!! I have not stopped, gotten through summer and have kept going in the right direction toward better health! With that said, on to my weigh in this morning. Drum roll please.....


I am down to 232 pounds! That is 4.8 pounds since my weigh in last Saturday! At first my feeling was it's good, but not fantastic. But then I realized this was with two so called "off" days eating more calories and not having to eat 1200 calories a day!! I averaged more around 1500 calories a day minus my 2 off days. When you put that all into the mix, this number is fantastic! A lot of people lose a lot of weight the first week of Keto, but I have to remember that I've been cutting back on carbs for awhile. Maybe not to the extreme I am now, but cut back none the less. Plus, last week for 3 days I had less then 150 carbs for 2 days and then less then 100 carbs on another before I weighed in last Saturday. And if we recall, I only gained 1.4 lbs since my trip to SF. I ate a lot, so I could have had a pretty drastic weight loss last week. I just chose not to weigh myself immediately after returning home from vacation. I waited until last Saturday, which was one 1 week and 1 day after I returned home.  

So my first week results may not be as drastic as others. The true test will be to see how I do over the next few weeks! In either case, I'm happy with the results and will continue to eat less then 20 grams of carbs per day! I can't expect a 5lb loss every week, but I'm hoping for more consistent weight loss each week rather then the drastic swings in the scale I sometimes experience when trying to lose weight! We shall see!  

I'm liking these new changes and look forward to what the future holds for my weight loss! I am hopeful I can finally get the weight off and keep it off! Here's to new beginnings!  



No comments:

Post a Comment