Friday, September 10, 2021

Day 306 - Checking My Glucose/Ketone Readings Several Times Today For A Baseline

I decided that I wanted to test my ketone and glucose levels throughout the day to see where I am at for a baseline.  I started with first thing in the morning and learned about the dawn effect that causes your glucose to go up and your ketones to go down. It does not mean you are out of ketosis and is rather normal. The best time to test is 1 to 3 hours after you wake but before you eat your first meal. Here are my numbers after I was up for just 15 minutes this morning. As you can see my numbers are drastically different then yesterday before dinner. If you want more info on the "dawn effect", check out this link for further details. Dawn Effect


 

I tested at work about 2 hours later and you can see my numbers were improved! The good news is my diet coke doesn't seem to effect my glucose or ketone levels. I read that sometimes caffeine can do this. 

And here is my last reading before dinner. 

I'm glad to see I'm staying in Ketosis.  Going forward I will test around 5:30 everyday before dinner. I will check after dinner only if I need to check my sensitivity to a certain meal.  But most days I plan to test only once a day. This has been really interesting! 

Tomorrow is weigh in day! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment