Monday, September 6, 2021

Day 302 - What Do You Mean You Want Pizza For Dinner?

Today I chose to close my shop for the first time on Labor Day. My husband, son and I (my daughter wasn't feeling well) went to Lake George, NY for the afternoon. We started the day with a late breakfast/early lunch to accommodate my fasting and not being allowed to eat until 11am. Then we headed to Lake George shortly after. My son really wanted pizza or steak fajitas for dinner. We didn't find anywhere that had fajitas so we opted for pizza. I didn't flinch or feel the need to say "What do you mean you want pizza for dinner?!" Instead, I looked at my husband and said "Let's do it, I need to learn to adapt anyway." So I ordered a large sausage & mushroom pizza with extra cheese and light sauce (to keep my carbs down). 

The pizza arrived and I took all the toppings off and put the crust aside. I'm pretty sure our waiter thought this was quite odd, but I didn't care. I was going to do what was best for me! The pizza was delicious!! I really didn't miss the crust at all! Now figuring out the calories was a bit challenging but I'm not super concerned and do think I did a pretty good job with my estimates. I do know my carbs were at least still under 20 grams and that is all I really cared about! 

Looks like this girl will do well no matter what she faces on this new lifestyle change. Although, admittedly, the only cuisine I am still trying to figure out is Asian. I need to check with our local restaurants to see what my best options are, but I WILL figure it out and will share once I have some great low carb ideas that I can choose from. 



No comments:

Post a Comment