Sunday, September 26, 2021

How To Set Smart Weight Loss Goals

How To Set SMART Weight Loss Goals ~

SMART



S = Specific

Be specific and clear about what your goal is and what you want to obtain. I want to lose weight. 

M = Measurable 

Set a goal that you can measure. I want to lose 14 pounds!

A = Achievable

Make your goal achievable by keeping it reasonable. I want to lose 1 pound a week. 

R = Realistic

Your goal should be realistic and something you can achieve. By making your goal to high, you can be setting yourself up for failure in reaching your goal. I feel I can lose 1 pound a week without a problem. 

T = Timely

Be sure to set a date when you want to achieve this goal. My goal will be to lose 14 pounds in 14 weeks. 


Picking a reasonable goal when trying to lose weight is a good plan. Picking a goal that you feel, no matter what, you can achieve, will most likely make you feel like you can do this and you will want to continue. Constant failure will just cause you to lose motivation and eventually give up. 

There are 14 weeks left in the year, so my goal is to lose 14 pounds by the end of those 14 weeks. That would bring me to 211 pounds! I feel this can still be attainable even with the holidays coming up! What if I lose more? Great, it just helps me reach my goal faster. I do know by keeping my goal small, it CAN BE done, rather then trying to go for the gusto and have a goal of 2 pounds a week  only to find it difficult and to fail. 

Reasonable goals are much easier to obtain and takes the pressure off to be perfect 100% of the time. Humans are not perfect and we know we will have pitfalls. The more reasonable your goal, the more likely you are to achieve it. Everyone knows there own abilities, so base it on what you are 100% comfortable with.  



No comments:

Post a Comment