Monday, March 17, 2014

Starting The Fast Diet Today! AKA The 5:2 Diet

Today I am starting a fasting diet. Yes! A fasting diet! Hard to believe, but I'm going to give it a whirl! I watched a PBS show a couple of months ago called Eat, Fast & Live Longer. Here is the website for the diet: The Fast Diet The doctor and journalist who did the PBS show has written a book and started this website because after the show aired, so many people had an interest in the diet.

Here is a pic and a link to the books on Amazon.



Amazon Book Link - The Fast Diet

Amazon Book Link - The Fast Diet Cookbook

The basics of the Fast Diet is simple. 5 days you eat normally, no calorie restriction and 2 days you fast by eating a small amount of calories. The 2 days do not need to be consecutive so I am choosing Monday & Thursday to fast. For women, we are allowed about 500 calories a day and for men about 600. You are basically eating 25% of your normal calories per day. The key to this diet is sticking with the 2 P's on your fasting days. Plants and protein. I have had carrots for breakfast and will continue with veggies most of the day and save the brunt of my calories for dinner which will consist of a veggie omelet as I tend to be hungrier in the late afternoon and evening.

So far so good! I am still reading up on the diet but feel I am having a great start and it hasn't been to bad so far. I will keep you posted on how my progress goes!  This diet is supposed to be very healthy and puts your body in repair mode during fasting days. Once I get the book and can articulate better on exactly how this diet effects the body, I will share! :)



2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the book links, Blanca!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're Welcome Wendy! I am always hopeful that what I do here on the blog will be helpful to others. I never heard of this before and I am sure many others have not either.

    ReplyDelete