Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Day 73 - Finding Balance

I found it incredibly easy to balance out the last couple of days today. I am really determined to stick with the program with this new diet and when I ate 2500 calories yesterday, that threw me off a bit. But today I did very well and had just under 1500 calories! So my average for the last 2 days will be no more then 2000 calories a day. Just where I want to be.

I made something for dinner tonight I hadn't had in years! My MIL is visiting and asked me to find her Creamed Chipped Beef On Toast in the freezer section in the grocery store. She was in the mood for some. But I couldn't find it at our local grocery store so I looked it up online and decided to make it from scratch. I want to reiterate that this is NOT a healthy meal by any means. But enjoying those comfort foods we loved as kids is ok, once in awhile!

I had never made Creamed Chipped Beef and it came out really good. Just as I remember it. I don't think I've ever had it homemade before. LOL! I can't remember, don't tell my mom, but I think she bought it for us frozen! ;)

I used skim milk which made it a little less fattening. Ha Ha! The sodium content is high as well from the dried beef, but again, I don't see this as a problem as long as you don't eat it all the time or don't have a real sodium issue in your diet. It was yummy and I did enjoy my dinner! My seven year old enjoyed it, too. But my 4 year old, not so much. :P

Tomorrow...I fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment