Monday, March 17, 2014

Day 71 - First Day Of Fasting Went Great!!

My first day of fasting couldn't have gone better! I did very well and got through the day feeling like "I could do this!" I had my moments of hunger but turned to a nice glass of water to get me through. I was very strategic about my candy making and made nothing today that needed to be taste tested. I did all the taste testing yesterday and did a lot of finishing work to the chocolates I started yesterday! :)

I took my fasting very seriously! I got chocolate on my fingers after opening some chocolate gold coins the leprechauns brought the kids and washed it off. I didn't even lick my fingers! LOL! I think it was easier to do the fasting knowing that I could eat normally tomorrow. I think that is the attractiveness of this diet. I will not have to fast again until Thursday!

This is what I ate today:

10am - 1 serving of carrots
1:30pm - 1 serving of carrots
6:00pm - 4 egg omelet with 1 ounce of cheese and 80 grams of spinach. Cooked in 1 tbsp. of country crock.
Lots of ice cold water all day long!

A Total Of 512 Calories!

One thing I have not done is weigh myself or measure myself. I may do that tomorrow so I can get a number at my starting point. I will give you those numbers tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Well done!!! I will most likely order those books today. ;) I think I can do this, fast twice a week because the reward of eating normally for the rest of the week is GREAT. :)

    I also wanted to let you know that many years ago, after my dad had a massive heart attack and was told he had to lose weight, he fasted once a week. All he would eat on that day was fruit, nothing else. Fruit for breakfast, lunch and dinner. He lost 2 pounds a week doing this, and he stuck with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! It really wasn't that difficult for me knowing I could eat normally today. I am glad you are going to check it out as well!

      I like that you have a back story to support the intermittent fasting theory with your dad! So glad it worked for him and he was able to stick with it!

      Delete