Monday, March 24, 2014

Little Changes Make A Big Difference! My goals for the week!

Today I am on a fasting day. After reading some of the book, "The Fast Diet", I am going to make some minor changes. To get the most bang for my buck, including the best health benefits of fasting, I am going to try to stick to one meal on my fast days. For me that will be dinner. I made it to almost 3pm on Thursday before I had a snack, so I think I can do this. Having just one meal will make the fasting period about 24 hours and will be more beneficial to my body.

The second thing I am going to do is use egg whites for 2 of my 4 eggs in my spinach omelet tonight. I was planning on changing what I was eating, but the book says if you like a certain meal, you don't need to necessarily change it, because if you like it you will look forward to eating it and will stay on the plan. For now, I looooove the spinach and egg omelet and it keeps me full for the evening. So if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Well maybe a little. The egg whites will bring down the fat in my meal. Which is healthier for me! So far so good on day 3 of fasting!

Here are some of my goals for this week:
  • Try to bring my fat % down for the week to 35% or less.
  • Move more!
  • Keep my off day calories to 2000 calories or less per day.
  • Eat at McDonalds no more then 2 times this week.
  • My average calorie deficit per day to be at least 1000 calories.
I am finding that by making little changes in how I live my daily life, I can fit exercise in a few minutes here and a few minutes there. I have been making it a point to park in parking lots as far as I can to get some extra walking in. I find that I burn, by far, more calories in those days. I look for opportunities to use the stairs and to walk and before I know it, I've got in my moderate activity for the day.

I also have been sneaking in more fruits and veggies then ever before. I have enjoyed making my berry and spinach smoothies during my off days to make sure I am not forgetting to eat my fruits and veggies!

To meet my goals above everyday this week, it will take just a few small changes, but those small changes will make a big difference in my numbers next week and my overall health! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment