Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Completed A 24 Hour Fast

When I did my Keto diet faithfully last time, the one thing I tried to do was a 24 hour fast once or twice a week. So I made the decision after lunch yesterda to complete a 24 hour fast. I fasted from 11am yesterday until 11am today. My weight dropped back down this morning and a little extra dropped with it. I'm definately making progress!

Here's how I did:

Weight This Morning: 182.2 Down .8 from yesterday and down .2 from my lowest weight on Saturday. 

Meals Yesterday:


Water:  112 oz

Diet Coke: 104oz (3 Fountain Sodas)

Exercise: 45 Minutes Shoveling Snow (1)

I'm trying really hard to avoid a plateau. I have found the smaller I am the harder it is to lose. But I'm hoping that once my body adjusts and is Keto Adapted the weight will starting coming off easier. Right now, I'm just trying to keep me going in the right direction by not going up in weight or staying stagnet for too long. 

My ketones are looking great! I measured at the end of my fast but before I ate today. When you fast it helps your ketones kick into action and burn fat for energy! Fasting is known for helping you burn fat rather then glucose for energy. Which essentially is what ketosis does. 





No comments:

Post a Comment