Sunday, April 12, 2015

Learned To Ice Skate Today!!

March 13, 2015 - GAINING CONFIDENCE - One thing I have noticed with my weight loss is I've been a lot more willing to try new things. I tried ice skating for the first time today and loved it! I always had a fear of trying, but was determined to give it a try since Marcus (my son who is 5) was afraid to try with his class last week, but faced his fears and got on the ice. And he loved it! So I promised him I would try it.

I started out using two milk crates wire tied together, b...ut by the end of the hour, I was able to ice skate around the whole rink with only lightly touching the side wall once! No crates! It reminded me a lot of roller skating and I loved to do that as a kid. I think I finally found my winter sport. I had so much fun. I am going to invest in some ice skates and do it regularly next year! I will try to go a couple of times before the season ends this month. Too bad my band died as I will not know how many calories I burned. But I had fun and that is the important thing!



No comments:

Post a Comment