Monday, January 13, 2020

What I'm Doing Right

1/13/20 - Sitting here I wanted to make a mental note of what I think I have done right over the past 12 days that, what I feel, is contributing to my excellent weight loss results. Here are some clear observations.

1) I have kept my fat percent below 35% all but one day. January 7th I had 42% fat.

2) Besides a McDonald's Parfait, I have not eaten out except on January 7th when we went to Moes.

3) I have drank at least 96 ounces of water per day.

4) I at an average of 1727 calories per day.

5) I have eaten very little candy or desserts. I have had 1 Hershey Miniature 2 days, 2 bites of chocolate cake 2 other days, Butterscotch cookies 1 day and coffee cake another. So small servings of candy or desert only 50% of the days but none on the others.

Here is what my morning routine consists of with my eating habits most days.

McDonald Fruit & Yogurt Parfait for breakfast.

2 El Monterey Beef & Bean Or Chicken & Rice Burritos For Lunch.
For snack I have had a banana or indulged myself for a few days with some Sourdough Bread! 

For dinner if we are having a high fat entree I make sure to have no more then a serving size and then fill up on potatoes and veggies!

I have really screwed up my diet over the past 3 years! I have gotten back into really bad habits that I used to have before I lost so much weight. Even habits I learned to avoid since before I got married. I used to stay away from Salami when getting deli sandwiches and I ate sausage in moderation. Chips were something I rarely did! But I have indulged way to much in all these things the last few years. I just didn't care about my fat intake. I even tried lowering my carbs during my last diet so I can continue to eat high fat foods. But I got hardly anywhere with that. I would lose a few pounds but had a hard time sticking with it. Low fat always worked well for me. I don't know why I stopped going back to the basics of what seems to work for my body but I am certainly glad I did now!

Of course, I am still pretty early in my start. But I just feel good about all these changes. This is the best I have done in a long time. Even the eating out! We eat out so much and I know the sodium reeks havoc on me. Another reason I think I was having trouble dropping weight during my last few diets. I just didn't want to give up McDonalds for breakfast and lunch! Sausage McMuffins everyday is clearly not good for me!!

And now that I have stopped indulging in high fat foods and sugary sweets I haven't really missed them. I mean I still eat high fat items (usally during dinner only) but it's in moderation with healthier choices on the side and a smaller portion of the high fat item on my plate!

I've always said I am one for everything in moderation and I truly believe I am there! If you read nutritional guides they say a person should eat 12-20% Protein, 30% Fat & 60% Carbs. My numbers have stayed in this range since I started on the 2nd pretty much! Everyone responds differently to different types of diets. Some diets work better then others for each individual. I think the low fat diet clearly works for me. With a focus on healthy carbs and snacks, I think it's a win for me!

I'm excited for the changes I've made, the commitment I have made to stick with the plan and the progress I have made thus far! Let's hope my weight loss continues and a nice pace and I have 60 total pounds lost in less then a year! I'm already down 13.6 pounds in 12 days. 46.4 pounds to go to hit my goal! 






2 comments:

  1. Awesome! How do you keep track of the days, proteins, and carbs in your meals? Do you have a tracker or read labels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can see all those details if you sign on to your fitbit account online or the app on your phone AND you keep track and log food there. So anything I log will show the micronutrients. I'm thinking you have a fitbit, right? I will share a picture of my screen when I have a minute if I can get it to work! LOL!

      Delete