Sunday, January 12, 2020

Day 5 - Goals!

January 6, 2020 -

My ultimate weight loss goal is to drop 60 pounds. But I know that will take some time and I am not going to rush through this process! I have a goal to drop 10 pounds at a time and celebrate the small victories along the way rather then fixating myself on that larger number! I have no time frame set. Just to keep going down rather then up! 

I currently exercise 2 times a week at TKD but hope to increase that to 5 times a week. Between work and TKD I am usually pretty active so exercise is not as big of a concern for me. 


Food is my biggest issue! I have been eating horribly over the last 3 years which included a very high fat diet! So I am challenging myself to stay on a low fat diet as that has been very effective for me in the past. Everyone is different and I think different diet approaches work better for some then others. My other goal is everything in moderation and staying away from too many bad carbs. Not snacking at work on candy when I'm hungry and making sure I go to the healthier snacks I now have available to me there. Keeping my freezer packed with lunch stuff so I can eat lunch at work is another goal of mine as I pretty much eat out for lunch everyday. 


My motivation is really to just feel better! Since I put all this weight back on I can feel my body protesting. I don't like how I feel and want to make this change to feel better. It's just taken me awhile to get it through my thick head to start focusing and taking care of myself! LOL! But hey, better late then never. And of course my drive to live a long healthy life is great motivation, but I need to stay focused and remember that during those harder moments! There will be rewards along the way. I will allow myself to buy a new Lego set every time I lose 10 pounds! ;) Here's to the better me all around in 2020!


Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, possible text that says '#GOALS'

No comments:

Post a Comment