Sunday, January 19, 2020

Day 18 - Mad @ The Scale Right Now! But I'll Get Over It!

1/19/20 - Weighed in this morning to only be back up to 250! Ugh, I think I may have to go to weighing in less often but for now I will keep doing it daily until I see the extra weight drop off! I have to stay positive and know that I am doing all the right things and the weight WILL follow!



And you know what? Even if I am not dropping weight, I am eating better, I feel better and I am better hydrated! I am also making more efforts to move and get out there and do fun things for exercise!

We went ice skating last night. I was a bit rusty as we only went once last year and I just learned about 5 years ago when I lost a bunch of weight. Well I hit the ice pick on my skate and took a good fall. My knee is pretty banged up but I will live! LOL



Do I have any theories of why my weight jumped up again? Who knows but the only 2 factors I can think of is the extra activity could have caused it as I was using muscles I hadn't used in awhile. The fall with the knee injury could definitely cause inflammation and I ate out for lunch yesterday and had a few extra calories. Usually I eat around 1500 calories per day, but I had 2255 yesterday. Being my day off I don't mind that now and then as long as I keep my fat down and not go over too much. 

Bottom line is I always have issues with fluctuations in weight. I have for years. But with pre-menopause symptoms added to that I am sure it will only get worse. So I just have to grin and bear it and move on. After this week, I will go back to once a week weigh ins, probably. But this week I still want to closely monitor my progress so I can better understand my weight fluctuations, even if it sometimes hard for me to see the number go up as often as it does. I need to learn to not take it as a failure and understand it's normal for my body to do so.  

Lots of notes and figuring out how my body reacts to different situations is key! I can do this!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment