Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Vacation - 1 Month From Today!

01/15/20 - We are headed for a week of vacation on February 15th! We are renting a house on a lake in Maine and are very excited. This will be a family fun vacation to play games, build Legos, watch movies and more! Yes, we will get out and about, probably do some snow shoeing and ice fishing while we are there. We are close to Portland, ME so I am thinking we will spend some time there, too!

Vacations are one of my worst times for gaining weight! From all the eating out,  and loss of focus usually half way into the week, it tends to be tough for me. But I'm determined to have a great time and not sweat sticking to my new eating plan! What strategies will I use to help maintain my new habits? Here is what I have come up with so far!

1) Only eating out once a day, since we are renting a house and have a kitchen. We will probably do lunch out if we are out already and have breakfast and dinner at the house on the lake.

2) Bring healthy snacks with us on this trip.

3) Look forward to the activities and not focus my excitement at the restaurant options in the area. Too many times when I head on vacation, I am more excited about the restaurants in the area then the actual site seeing or activities we are going to do! I want to change that!

4) Bring a crock pot! I am going to bring a crock pot so if we go out for the day, dinner will be ready to eat and we won't consider going out so easily. If we have a delicious hot meal waiting for us at the house we will have that to look forward, too! 

5) Make some of  our favorite dinners! If I make a lot of our family favorites, I know we will be more apt to eat at the house. Plus, sodium and portion control is a lot easier to do at home then eating out.

6) Exercise will be a snap! I tend to walk a lot on vacation so I'm not worried about exercise. I hope to do some snow shoeing though as an added activity.


7) Not sweat the weight gain at the end of the week! If I do gain, I am going to try not to let it get to my head. Because even with all these strategies I will most likely gain from water retention and inflammation. We usually do a lot of moving so I am bound to have some inflammation as I do 2 to 3 times more walking then I do regularly and my body WILL need to recover. Plus with eating out even once a day my sodium content will be up.

So this is my plan and I'm stickin' to it! Once we leave I will check in daily with my progress while on vacation!


No comments:

Post a Comment