Sunday, January 19, 2020

Loooove my new crockpot! Crock Pot Fajitas

I love my new crock pot! I got it last year but really just recently started using it a lot!

It has one large pot and 2 small ones. Tonight I cooked some beef in taco seasoning in the large pot with onion and peppers in the smaller pots for some delicious slow cooked fajitas!

I am becoming the crock pot queen! I will share recipes here on the blog as I make them. I love that I can cook a main dish and up to 2 sides.

Crock Pot Fajitas

1 Pound of sirloin steak
1 tsp oil
Salt & pepper
1 package of Taco Seasoning
2 small  bags of frozen red and green peppers
1 large onion
2 cups water
1 package tortillas

Garnishes
Lettuce
Sour cream
Avocado
Shredded Cheese
Tomatoes
Salsa

Season steak with salt and pepper. Add oil to skillet. Cook steak a couple minutes on each side to  sear on each side. Once brown place in crock pot. Mix taco seasoning with 3/4 cups of water. Poor over steak. If using a 3 pot slow cooker add onions to one of the small pots and pepper in the other. Add 3/4 cups of water to the pepper pot and 1/2 cup of water to the onion pot. Place both pots on low as well.

If you are using one pot add all vegetables to the pot with the steak  and the remaining  1 1/4 cups of water. Pull apart steak and stir when ready to serve. Warm tortillas, add steak and veggies and desired condiments.  Enjoy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment