Friday, November 21, 2014

I Did It!!!!!!! I Made It To ONEderland!!!

I woke up to the best news today! I weighed in this morning and I am at 199.7!!!! Yipee!!!!! I can't believe it. I actually was in shock and was not expecting that at all! I was hoping for maybe one pound and 2 pounds would have been awesome! But I was down 3.3 pounds this week! Here comes the happy dance once again!!



Apparently I am doing something right and will keep doing what I am doing. I think adding the goal of 10k steps per day has really made the difference. Ever since I have started that I've consistently gone down in weight every week!

male32 male smiley ok

I weighed 200 pounds at my high school graduation and as I said before got up to 280 pounds by time I was 30! I lost a lot of weight during 2000-2003. Got down to 199 for one week in the spring of 2003 while dating my husband. But while making wedding plans (we were married October of that year) I gained about 20 pounds by time my wedding arrived. Then add having kids and my weight was once again out of control. I weighed a whopping 308 pounds when fully pregnant with  my son. I thought I would never see the 300's, even while pregnant. But I did!

Luckily once he was born I got down to 270 pounds. In 2012 I began the journey to try to finally beat this weight. I started at 261 pounds in January of 2012 and managed to get down to 214 pounds by January of 2013. 2013 was a great year at the candy shop and we were busier then ever, but with that our weight got away from us a little. By the beginning of January 2014 I was just under 228 pounds. Not too bad for a year of just trying to not gain too much. But I was so ready to finally get out of the 200's. So I started this blog. Best thing I ever did as it held me accountable.

Aside from having a challenging summer I have now lost 28 pounds this year! Which is awesome in my book! My next goal is now 190 pounds! I hope to get close to that number by Christmas to give me a cushion to avoid ever seeing the 200's again! I don't EVER want to be in the 200's again for the rest of my life. I'm done with this darn weight!

My ultimate goal will be do get to 160 pounds. I have never lived life under 200 pounds as an adult. I was 180 when I was a junior in high school. So I don't know what a good weight for me is. I won't know until I see how it feels. If I feel good at 160 pounds and my doctor feels good about that weight, I will probably stop there. But I really won't know until I get there.

It's an exciting new world for me. I can now shop in the normal sizes in the department stores. I catch my self going to the larger sizes and then I remember, "Oh yeah, I don't fit in these sizes anymore!" All my sizes are available in the "normal" section. And you know what, that feels DAMN good!

I actually can look in the mirror and be proud of the person I see! And that itself is the best change of all!

Happy Grin Happy Grin smile teeth

5 comments:

  1. Let's pop the bubbly and celebrate, Blanca! What an incredible milestone you've reached! I know exactly why you are in ONEderland, too. ;)

    So very happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good to me! ;) It's amazing how milestones such as this can make you feel incredible! ONEderland suites me well I think! ;)

    Thank you for always being so supportive Wendy! Many hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, you've got that one all wrong. Thank YOU for supporting ME! ;) We both sure accomplished quite a bit this year, haven't we?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess we both agree that we appreciate each other's support! Nothing better then a BFF by your side!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And yes, we both have accomplished so much! Imagine what we''ll accomplish by time we meet in January!! :)

    ReplyDelete