Friday, November 14, 2014

Creative Ways To Get In Those Steps!!

One thing I have learned is I don't have to do the treadmill or take a long walk outside to get my steps in everyday. There are creative things that I can do to meet my step goal, and creative things are what I have done!

Here are some good examples of how I reach my step goal everyday. These are things I have done as an alternative to getting on the treadmill to reach my step count.

1) When I have just a few hundred steps left at the end of the day I jog in place in my bathroom while I brush my teeth. Funny I know, but so worth it! I can also watch TV from my bathroom while I'm jogging.

2) Take your kids to sport events? Why not walk while you are there? I take my daughter to swimming twice a week. I park a ways away to get a good 10 minute walk in each way. I easily get in 1500 steps just doing that! Plus, while she is warming up I walk back and forth in the building to get extra steps in!

3) Shop & Walk! Whenever I go shopping now I always park as far as I can away from the store in the parking lot. It's amazing how many steps you can get in for the day if you do this. Just casually shopping is not enough. Parking that extra distance actually makes a huge difference. Try it!

4) Cook & Walk?? Last night I got creative once again and walked in place while I cooked dinner. Again, may sound silly, but it is very effective and I got in over 1500 steps doing this!

5) You Can Walk Just About Anywhere! When I had to take my mom for a colonoscopy, I knew that I would be there awhile. So I walked back and forth from one end of the building to the other.

I've been really getting creative with getting my steps in. As I come up with more fun ideas, I will share them! Have fun getting those steps in!


No comments:

Post a Comment