Sunday, November 23, 2014

Gearing Up For Turkey Day!

I've had a great weekend of eating so far! I've hit my steps goal everyday and have done fairly well with eating. I had just 1400 calories on Friday and just under 1800 on Saturday. Today I've been doing great and haven't really been all that hungry. That is great considering I have been making chocolate for the last 3 days and it can get awful tempting at times!

Our thanksgiving dinner should be fairly healthy. We will have turkey of course. Instead of mash potatoes with milk and butter we will opt for baked potatoes this year to help with some calories and fat. We will also have two vegetables. Probably broccoli & squash. Of course we will make homemade stuffing which will probably be the highest calorie item in our meal. But I'm not having turkey without stuffing. The good news is our stuffing is mainly high in calorie because of the butter and egg that binds it together. Otherwise, it's just bread, veggies and seasoning. At least it doesn't have sausage in it. My mother will bring deviled eggs which I LOVE! I will have to have some self control on that one. LOL!

Happy Thanksgiving thanksgiving holiday greetings

For desert we will have pumpkin pie! I use evaporated skim milk which makes the pie a bit healthier and I will probably use egg beaters instead of regular eggs to make it with. By far our most calorie heavy item, but it's Thanksgiving and we will enjoy a piece of pie!! 

I'm still debating on whether I will fast Wednesday or Friday. It's a tough decision, but I will wait until Wednesday morning to decide. I will definitely weigh in on Thanksgiving morning so I will see where I am at. I hopeful to be down a pound or two and have some wiggle room!

I don't plan on going crazy on Thanksgiving with eating, but I will enjoy a nice meal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment