Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Maine Trip Day 3 - Dinner & Lasagna Recipe!

We enjoyed my homemade lasagna and garlic bread for dinner. Just 330 calories per serving for the lasagna and 160 calories for the bread.

I had 3200 calories again yesterday. But I have decided not to worry about it and just enjoy our vacation. I will still track what I eat so I have a better sense of my weight loss progress when I go home. So if I only drop a pound in 3 weeks. I will know why!

I had,a soda yesterday and won't plan on another until the end of the week!

Here is the lasagna recipe.

20 oz package Shady Brook extra lean ground turkey
1 jar Ragu Traditional Pasta Sauce
1 medium onion
15 Lasagna noodles
8 oz bag shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz bag shredded mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 359. Cook lasagna noodles as directed on package. When done set aside.

Meanwhile, chop up onions and saute then add turkey and brown. Once turkey is brown add sauce and stir together. Set aside.

Grease a 9x13 pan. Add a thin layer of sauce to the bottom of the pan. Now layer 3 noodles side by side then another layer of sauce. Top with cheddar then mozzarella. Sprinkle with parmesan. Repeat - noodles, sauce, cheese, parmesan. Repeat until all noodles are used.

Cover with foil. Bake in 350 degree oven until bubbly. About 45 minutes. Uncover and bake another 10 minutes.

So easy, but so good! Even my picky 4 year old loves it. Makes 12 servings. 330 calories per serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment