Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Day 51 - Shopping, Baked Ziti & More!

I had a nice day off today. Finally recouping from our vacation! I ran a few errands today. Which included getting my haircut, going to TJ Maxx to browse without the kids and grocery shopping.

I filled the fridge with lots of fresh produce and herbs today, including, apple's, bananas, oranges, strawberries, tomatoes, spring mix, spinach, cilantro, parsley, garlic, cucumber, peppers, carrots and onions!

So our fridge is now full with lots of great nutritious food!

I now have all 3 of the Pioneer Woman's cookbooks. I made her baked Ziti tonight for dinner. It's not in her cookbooks but was on her show on Food Network. Here is the link:

PW Baked Ziti Recipe

It was very good. I used turkey Italian sausage in our version. About 560 calories per serving for a 12th of a pan. You need a deep dish 9x13 pan as this makes A LOT! This is not low in fat. Lol! But a nice dish every once and awhile.

I hope to try her Mexican Rice recipe this week and her Fiesta Black Beans. They sound so good! A bit healthier, too!

I ultimately ended up eating under 1700 calories and will burn close to 2900 calories. Not bad for cheat day. No Zumba as it is my day off. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment