Friday, April 1, 2022

Tips For Getting Through A Keto Plateau

 My plateau continues! I decided to do a little research yesterday to get some ideas of what I can do to get myself out of this plateau. I can't seem to get below 188! And I won't lie, it's getting more then a little frustrating at this point. 

I found this great article on things that could be causing the plateau and what to do about it. 

Keto Plateau: Tips to Break A Weight Loss Stall

There was really one thing that stood out from this article that applies to my situation. I need to eliminate a few foods from my diet. The one thing I have gotten into eating more is yogurt and nuts. Which are specifially mentioned as foods that might need to be eliminated from the diet. My yogurt increase started about the beginning of March and I have been eating a lot more nuts lately. I also feel I need to eliminate a couple of other foods that I have eatin more of lately to insure I can get some results. 

Starting tomorrow my plan is to eliminate nuts, any dairy aside from cheese and heavy cream, popcorn and sugar free jello. These are the items that I have added back into my diet recently and have eatin on a regular basis. Funny thing is, the yogurt coinsides to when I started this plateau. 

I am also going to be more deligent about my 16 hour fasting. Making sure I don't eat after 7pm at night and not before 11am in the morning. I've been a little more laxed about keeping that consistant lately. 

I will do this new plan for two weeks straight before I give any judgement on whether it is working or not to insure I am giving my body time to adjust and get back on track. I think this will be a very interesting experiment. Because if these foods are causing this plateau, that would just be amazing to me that something like this can halt weight loss! Super fasinating in my book! 

So stay tuned as I try to kick myself out of this pleatau! 







No comments:

Post a Comment