Sunday, April 3, 2022

Getting Back On Track & Making Discoveries

 Yesterday was my first day of eliminating certain foods from my diet and, for the most part, the day went well. But I also realized that I have changed how I've been eating over the last couple of months. More then I really took the time to realize. I always had a bad habit of eating as soon as I got home from work before Keto. I always had the urge to snack. That pretty much went away for awhile, while on Keto, but I started doing that again within the last month or two. Yesterday, when I got home, I had that urge and it really made me stop and think. I realized I had been doing that again for awhile and it definately makes me think that it has a direct connection to the type of foods I have added to my diet in the past couple of months. 

I've also been more apt lately to reach for nuts at work and nibble on things here and there which I was really good about not doing for most of my time on Keto! I also found that I have thoughts of the foods I'm giving up and wanting to snack on them. To me, it's clear the foods I am eliminating are having a negative impact on me losing any more weight and causing me to have unwanted cravings. I think I can go back to eating them again once I reach my goal, but if I want to continue to lose, I need keep those foods at a minimum and make them once and awhile treats and not everyday occurances. That's what I do with chocolate, so I can certianly do that with nuts, popcorn and dairy (outside of cheese). 

Let's hope that these changes help kick me out of this plateau. Fingers crossed they will! 


No comments:

Post a Comment