Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Dropped Back Down! Phew!

 I was very pleased to see I dropped down yesterday morning to 182.4!! Just .2 pounds away from my 90 pound milestone! I couldn't have asked for better. Monday is my designated fast day. If I am not hungry at dinner I continue to fast until 11am  the next morning. Apparently that kicked my body back to where it should be. 

I choose Mondays because we do a lot of running around with the kids for Tae Kwon Do after work and we usually just stop and have a quick bite to eat. So if I'm not hungry, I just get a drink and hang out while my family eats. So far it has proven to be a good day to do a longer fast. It gives me at least one day a week where I am doing about a 22 hour fast opposed to my 16 hour daily fast I usually do. I find it really does help with the weight loss. I like to do a longer fast at least once a week, but sometimes can do twice a week if I am not hungry at dinner. I generally will not do more then 2 days of longer fasting a week. 

The big thing with Keto is it makes fasting much easier. The big rule is eat when you are hungry. It's important to eat if you are hungry and not skip a meal if you are. So I make sure I am not hungry if I am going to do it. Sometimes it's hard to know if you are just mentally hungry or physically hungry and that is something I consider when making the decision to fast. If you just take a moment and evaulate how you feel, you can usually figure it out. But if you are not sure, eat! 

I am super happy with how things are going right now! I went to the movies last night and was planning to have popcorn but decided the carbs were not worth it! I am going out at the end of April with a friend to the movies and I will have it then. I am just too close to the 170's to want to mess up my progress! 

I did weigh myself this morning and I was still at 182.4 which is great considering I ate out at all 3 meals yesterday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment