Thursday, April 7, 2022

Chicken Enchilada Casserole Keto Style!

 I have been having a major craving for enchilada's so I came up with this enchilada casserole that the whole family loved! I'm sorry that their isn't pictures of the casserole after it baked. Being a mom I get very focused on getting dinner on the table and I forget to take enough pictures for the blog. LOL!

Chicken Enchilada Casserole Keto Style ~ 

Ingredients ~ 

2.5 Pounds Of Cooked Chicken Thigh Meat

1 8oz Container of Cream Cheese

12 Oz Cheddar Cheese

10 Ounce Can Enchilada Sauce

4.5 Ounce Can Green Chilis

1 Pound Bag Frozen Cauliflower

Sour Cream (optional)

Salsa (optional)

Instructions ~ 

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Before getting your casserole ingredients ready, cook your frozen cauliflower as directed on the package. If you haven't cooked your chicken thighs, you will want to cook them now and wait to cook your cauliflower once the chicken is done. The caulaflower can be cooking while you are shredding your chicken. I cook my chicken in the slow cook all day in the crock pot. I just add a little salt and pepper. You can also add taco seasoning if you wish. I find this is the easiest way to cook the chicken so I don't have to cook it when I get home. It also comes off the bone super easy when slow cooked. 

Once cooked shred your chicken and place it in a casserole dish. Cut your cream cheese into cubes so it will melt better. Add your cream cheese into the hot chicken. Mix well. Then add 8 ounces of your cheddar cheese to the chicken mixture. Once stirred in well, add your green chilis and enchilada sauce to the mix. Last add the cooked cauliflower. Mix the ingredients of the casserole well. Take the remaining 4 ounces of cheese and sprinkle on top of the casserole. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes. Serve and garnish with sour cream & salsa. 



Makes 11- 1 cup Servings





No comments:

Post a Comment