Saturday, December 27, 2014

I Survived Baking Season!!



I did a whole lot of baking with the kids this year. I just don't think it's the holidays without lots of delicious goodies in the oven this time of year. I've learned moderation is key and I also teach that to the kids. So we baked one or two items at a time and stretched the goodies out so they would last and we wouldn't over indulge on them!

wink smiley, male smiley, smiley, smile smiley

December 10th - I made Chocolate Chip Cookies. I think I had about 2 or 3 of these!




December 15th - Then we made 4 large loafs of Banana Bread and 4 small loafs. The kids loved it and have already eatin' every single loaf. LOL! They loved it for breakfast! I  had about a slice and a half total! I guess I didn't get to it fast enough! But not a bad thing as I didn't eat too much! 

Morgan helping me bake!

Our mini loafs.

December 21st - Next it was time for cookies and brownies! We made Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies & Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies. I ate about 3 or 4 cookies over several days and we actually still have some left. Then I had one small square of the brownies!

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. Just in time for Santa!

Chocolate Chip Brownies! These were delicious!
December 23rd - Next on the agenda was Pumpkin Pie! We made two for Christmas Day and for extra leftovers. I forgot to take a picture. So far I have had one slice. Then I made 4 mini Raspberry Pies for Brad. It's his favorite pie, so I made 4 mini one's for him as a Christmas gift. He can cook one at a time and it will help with portion control for him. Otherwise, he would most likely eat the whole pie!

Here are the Raspberry pies before I put on the top crust. Once I put on the top crust I wrapped them in foil and popped them into the freezer!

December 26th - Since we were so busy with other things, I decided to wait and have the kids make decorated Christmas cookies the day after Christmas. The thing is, I forgot to buy Christmas sprinkles and Christmas colored frosting. LOL! So, we used Halloween Sprinkles, Chocolate Frosting, White Frosting and Orange Frosting. The kids had a ball making them. I've had a few bites of these cookies but that is it. 
Marcus rolling out his dough to make a candy cane!

Morgan making her candy cane.

Time to decorate!

The yummy results!

Delicious cookies for everyone!

Even though we have cookies and pie left over, I am feeling pretty confident I will get through the rest of the holidays without over indulging! I am pretty proud of myself and feel good that I was able to get through Christmas without gaining weight. I've learned that I can enjoy having sweets as long as I keep it to one serving or less.  

It really was a fun holiday season for baking! I can't wait to do it all again next year! 

Xmas smiley, Candy smiley, christmas smiley, candy smiley, holiday smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment