Saturday, January 25, 2014

Day 20 - How To Determine Your Calorie Deficit!

I wanted to make this blog entertaining, inspirational AND informative! So here is some info, on how to figure your daily calorie deficit, in case you didn't know! ;)

How To Determine Your Calorie Deficit ~

A pound of body fat equates to approximately 3500 calories. So if you have a calorie deficit of 500 calories (meaning that you burn 500 calories more than you eat each day) you would lose approximately one pound per week:

500 x 7 = 3,500

It's easy to see that a calorie deficit of 1000 calories would mean that you'd lose approximately two pounds per week. And that's a good number to remember, because two pounds a week is commonly accepted as the maximum rate of weight loss that is healthy.

Information obtained at: /www.caloriesperhour.com

I had a high calorie day today. I was just under 2000 calories. But today was house cleaning day and I figure I will burn about 2900 calories today! So not too bad considering.

I made some homemade banana bread today and enjoyed a slice and a half. That is what killed my calories today! My banana bread is about 300 calories for an 1/8th of a loaf! I hope to use less sugar in my next batch to see if I can get that under 300 calories!

So I splurged a bit tonight! But tomorrow is a new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment