Monday, January 6, 2014

Day 1 - A Nice Start


Things went very well today. But then I thought, well doesn't the first day always go well? And I thought some more....acutally, no...it doesn't always go well. I've had many "first days" when I think I'm going to finally start back up on my better eating and it just doesn't happen. So the fact I had a good day today really is a great sign!

I met my calorie goal, which is always a good thing. I had about 1300 calories. The only struggle I had was when I was making jumbo turtles. I love chocolate, but I also loooove nuts! Yes they are good for you, but very high in calorie. It took everything in my power not to pop a few in my mouth while making turtles today. That is one of my bad habits I have gotten into! Especially with the macadamia nuts! I just kept saying to myself "don't do it, don't do it." I made it! Phew, that was a tough few moments for me.

Some of the things I had today included greek yogurt, boiled eggs, a banana, orange, 2 truffles and pancakes for dinner. I know, no veggies! But I hope to go to Costco tomorrow and pick up a pile of groceries! We need a bunch of stuff. But I think I did well for not having a lot of choices for my first day. Tomorrow will be good as I will get the foods we need to eat healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment