Monday, October 27, 2014

Reviewing My Goals

When I started this blog I came up with a few goals for myself and I thought it would be nice to review those goals and maybe create some new ones!

Here were my goals I set in January:

1) Calorie goal per day: 1500 or less
2) Exercise at least 3 times a week
3) Burn at least 2700 calories per day
4) Get down to 180 lbs in 2014
5) Drink less Diet Coke
6) Eat less McDonalds
7) Eat no more then 2 pieces of chocolate a day.
8) Not to weight myself more then once a month.

Here are some of my new goals for the rest of the year. 

1) Calorie goal per day: 1500 or less (Except For My Cheat Day)
2) Exercise at least 3 to 5 times a week
3) Burn at least 2700 calories per day, but aim for 3000 calories per day!
4) Get down to ONEderland (Out of the 200's) in 2014
5) Limit Diet Coke to twice a week.
6) Limit McDonalds to twice a week.
7) Continue to fast twice a week.

Although I've had my struggles during the summer months, I have still made some progress in my weight loss for the year. I can't complain as I am technically down over 20 lbs for the year so far and that is not too shabby! I am going to continue to work on keeping my calories below 1500, except on my cheat day. I am going to continue to fast twice a week, so one cheat day shouldn't effect me tremendously as long as I don't go crazy and stick around 2000 calories that day.

My goal is to try to have a 1300 to 1500 calorie average deficit per day for each week and that should give me some good results! I really want to up my exercise. I haven't really done much "extra" exercise at all for a long time I've pretty much burn my calories from just stuff I do on a daily basis at home and at work. But I honestly know deep in my heart that it's just not enough and I need to do more! So this one is a big one I really want to improve!

I really really want to get to 199 and stay their. My hope is to never see the 200's again after this year. I'm afraid to put a larger goal in right now because you never know where life takes us. But let's just say, I would love to see me get down to 190 by the end of the year. That would give me a nice cushion to avoid the 200's FOREVER! But first I will focus on 199 then I will set a new goal at that point! Small goals are always more attainable and can feel like big accomplishments!

I've gotten really conscious about how much diet coke I drink. Some weeks I have more then I should, but for the most part I try to limit it to twice a week. I enjoy it and I feel as long as I am not drinking a tone of it everyday, a couple of times a week should be fine.

McDonalds is about convenience for me, not to mention inexpensive. Yes, it's not the best food for any of us, but there are better choices that can be made there. I love the Sausage McMuffins and McChickens! I won't lie! LOL! I will try to continue to limit how often I go for these items to just twice a week. But I am not limiting myself to salads, parfaits and other healthy options they have available. Again, this is something I am very conscious of and will continue to work on it the rest of the year.

As for the chocolate, I have become very aware of what I put in my mouth while at the shop and have been able to really keep my candy calories to a minimum. So this is no longer a goal for me, because I pretty much feel like I have that in check.

The scale is a good and evil thing at the same time. I do like seeing my progress, but I want to continue teaching myself not to let it play tricks with my head! So I am going to allow myself to weigh in one to two times a week and only on days after I fast. I just find the scale to be very motivating when I can see progress is being made. And look what happened when I did gain 6 pounds, it put my butt in gear! So even though I don't always like what I see, it doesn't mean it's going to make me quit. Because I am certainly not at that point! When you work so hard to lose the weight, seeing that number drop just helps you keep going. I have to take the bad with the good and know that if I keep trying, the weigh will come off!

Ok, so those are just a few things I want to continue to work on the rest of this year! It was nice to do this review so I can see how far I've come and where I need some improving. What's the use of making goals if you never go back and review them, right?






No comments:

Post a Comment