Saturday, May 22, 2021

Let's Look At The Numbers

My 9 day numbers are below! Let's take a look at how I did!

Period For: 5/13/21 - 5/21/21

Total Calories Consumed: 13015

Total calories Burned: 25252

Total Calorie Deficit: 12237

Loss This Week: 2.8 Pounds

Calories Deficit Needed To Lose 2.8 Pounds: 9800

Off By: 2437!

I have always had this theory that fitness trackers don't track calorie burn as well when you exercise more. They tend to estimate too many calories burned. So I am testing this theory with the Fitbit. Last time I figured the numbers I was only off by 602 calories. Which wasn't bad when we are talking 9100 from 9702. To me that is pretty accurate. 

I exercised more so I can test the theory better this time around BUT I can not really confirm this during this time frame because my period started yesterday and I don't know if that effected my weight loss number! I have had issues with my period effecting my weigh in in the past. 

In reality, I should have lost just over 3 pounds based on my calorie burn. I figure you can still call the Fitbit accurate as long as it's not off by more then 500 - 1000 calories depending on the time frame. So was my loss less then predicted by the numbers due to the accuracy of the Fitbit OR my period? That I don't know.

I will try to go through another week of lots of exercise so we can revisit this question again next weigh in, which is June 1st! The only other difference in my next on day period is I am actually going to have 9 on days rather then 8 and then an off day. This was an adjustment to even out my on days to match up with my vacation! 

It will be interesting to see how I do the next time around! Either way, I am very pleased with my weight loss! I'm researching the accuracy of the Fitbit more as a fun little project and to help motivate me to exercise more! 





No comments:

Post a Comment