Friday, May 14, 2021

Evaluating My Current Diet Plan - What's Working?

 I haven't been 233 pounds since 9/28/18!! And that only lasted for a brief period of time! And from what I can tell in my records, I haven't been 225 pounds since 12/2/16. That is a whopping 4.5 years ago!

I am feeling really good about my progress right now. This has been a great diet change for me that really seems to fit my lifestyle and is easy for me to follow and maintain for a lifetime. As I tweak it, it only seems to get better! Here is what seems to be working the best with my new plan:

  • Eating high protein for my breakfast and lunch keeps me full and prevents snacking at work and home!
  • I still can have the foods I love and can enjoy them on my "off" day. 
  • I do better knowing I'm not really giving up anything.
  • I can enjoy plenty of carbs at night such as pasta and bread without any impact.
  • Eating out has become easier as I find foods I really enjoy that are lower in calorie. 
  • Only weighing myself on my 9th day really prevents me from seeing too many fluctuations and I get discouraged less. 
  • I don't seem to crave things when I eat high protein. I hadn't really noticed until I read an article about how more protein in your diet can do this and I realized that cravings have really not been an issue lately. Just an occasional snafu!
  • Even during stressful times in my life, it seems I can maintain my diet. 
  • Yes I have hiccups, but for the most part, it's because I have been trying to figure out vacations and how to deal with them. 
  • Eating not much more then I burn on a daily basis during my vacations seems to cause the least amount of fluctuation to my weight. So this will now be my plan going forward when we vacation!

So all in all, this diet that I created for myself has really worked for me. I am looking forward to seeing where I will be at by the end of this year!!






No comments:

Post a Comment