Thursday, January 14, 2021

Time To Regroup & Come Up With A New Plan!

I've been thinking a lot about how my Flexitarian diet went or should I say didn't went. LOL. I could give it another try, but I just don't think it's for me. Plus, the high protein I need to help with my hunger and cravings are just too difficult to achieve with a plant based diet. Unless I want to eat beans at all 3 meals! No, just no. Yes there are some vegetables that have protein and I could eat nuts, but my calories for those two meals would go up by 2 to 3 times just to get the same amount of protein I was getting on my old plan! Even with beans, that would be the case. So this is my conundrum with the WFPB diet. And yes a WFPB diet would be eating healthier, but I wouldn't lose the weight as quickly because my calories will go up! Because no matter what, to lose weight, you need to eat less then you burn! 

After feeling hungry most of the day on Monday, I came to realize that what I was doing was working and the high protein really did help! Not having that made a big difference with my cravings! But I can still eat healthy, even with meat and dairy in my diet!

One of the concerns I had with the WFPB diet is the difficulty I would have with eating out and also having to make something for me that is different from the rest of the family for dinner. Because I was not going to force them on this WFPB diet! But we have talked as a family and we have all vowed to try to go to a whole foods diet. We are taking it step by step and making small changes in an attempt to get some of the processed food out of the house. So my hope is we can do this together as a family instead of it being a diet only I will do. I think this is a good compromise and will be a heck of a lot easier if I can have my whole family be a part of this change!

I'm hoping we can have a majority of the processed stuff out of the house in the next two weeks. We will stick to making things from scratch, staying away from added sugars and using maple syrup as an alternative to processed sugar and keeping away from processed boxed foods! Most of the stuff I bought at the grocery store the other day for my WFPB diet we can still enjoy! It's mostly the silken tofu we will not eat. I really didn't like the plant based "sour cream" I made from silken tofu and I threw it out! I plan on making the kids some scrambled eggs mixed with the firm tofu I bought later this week to use that up! Crossing my fingers the kids don't hate it! Lol! 

Some good changes are ahead for my entire family! 




No comments:

Post a Comment