Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Day 63 - Stress Overload!

Yesterday was one of the worst days I've had interacting with a guest. I have mentioned that I have been dealing with a difficult guest over the last couple of days. Well that guest is finally out of my motel and I will go into a little more detail at this point.

I was helping a guest through an organization that helps people in domestic violence situations. They housed a woman here on Sunday for one night. It turns out this woman was very paranoid and I believe in need of some mental help. She was rather rude to me and saying things such as someone was stalking her and may come to the motel and try to sell drugs to my other guests. And if she leaves someone may break into her room, so I shouldn't be surprised if I end up with a broken window. 

It just got worse later on Sunday as she called and was being difficult on the phone. I finally got a hold of the organization that put her up in the room and I needed to give her a message to call them. I came to her room to give her the message and she pretty much told me I was acting weird and I was touched in the head. She then told me to leave and slammed the door in my face. 

I called the agency and told them that I would not allow her to stay more then the one night and really wanted her out immediately. But they had no place to put her. Thankfully I didn't hear from her again that night. The agency that put her there was supposed to take care of the situation first thing but that didn't happen. We didn't get her out of the room until 2:30pm and that was only because she left in an ambulance and we have no idea why. So I had the agency pick up her stuff and changed her code. It was clear by the condition of her room she had no intentions of leaving even though she was told she needed to check out on Monday. I knew this would happen because she kept referring to housing laws that don't apply to me as a motel. 

We thought all was good but she returned to the motel at 5:50am yesterday morning and got back into the room. We think the door was not latched all the way so she was able to get in. She was very combative when I came to the motel to tell her she needed to leave or I was calling the police. We had several interactions that were unpleasant and she sprayed a whole can of pepper spray on me. I stood my ground and wouldn't budge until the police got there. This all started about 10:20am and they finally got her in a taxi at 12:45pm and out of my mote!! She was being taken to St. Albans. Thanks goodness!! 

Needless to say I was pretty upset at this woman. I tried playing nice but I was beyond losing my patience with her when I found out she was at the motel on Tuesday morning! Mental health issues or not, she was just down right rude and nasty and I gave her no reason to be. Hopefully she gets the help she needs, because she definitely needs help!

Even with all that I managed to keep my calories under 1500! So total win! I did need to get some shopping done so after a nice lunch with my hubby I did some shopping for the shop and bought some Lego on sale for 75% Off! Now that is some good shopping therapy! The whole trip to the store and back and the fun shopping finds really did help and my mood was so much better when I got home yesterday! Thankfully no one was hurt and we got this woman out of our motel and she has not returned. 




No comments:

Post a Comment