Sunday, January 10, 2021

Grocery Shopping Is Done!

 I headed to the grocery store and got everything I need to get started tomorrow on my Whole Foods Plant Based Diet! I am excited and nervous at the same time! I just want to do this right! 

My grocery bill came to $176.45 but that included 4 large reusable bags and 1 paper bag of groceries! I got a ton of staples.

Here is what was on my grocery list:

  • Fresh Vegetables/Fruit (Banana, Lemon, Lime, Salad Greens, Cucumbers, Green Peppers, Tomatoes, Avocado, Baby Spinach, Blackberries & Raspberries)
  • Canned Tomatoes (Various)
  • Masa Flour
  • Whole Wheat Flour
  • Dry Beans (Kidney, Pinto & Black Beans)
  • Brown Rice
  • Nutritional Yeast
  • Frozen Vegetables/Fruit (Corn, Peas, Berry Mix, Strawberries, Blueberries & Broccoli)
  • Unsweetened Applesauce
  • Apple Cider Vinegar
  • Whole Wheat Bread & Buns
  • Corn Tortillas
  • Canned Peaches & Pinapple (in juice, no added sugar)
  • Whole Wheat Pasta (Elbow & Spaghetti)
  • Old Fashioned & Quick Oats
  • Salsa
  • Canned Mushrooms (it's the only veggie I will eat canned)
  • Vegetable broth without added sugar
  • Corn Meal
  • Orange Juice With Calcium
  • Sparkling Water
  • All Natural Peanut Butter
  • Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
  • Canned Pure Pumpkin
  • Silken & Firm Tofu
The bill for my new diet came in under $170 dollars as I had to buy 4 reusable bags (forgot my bags again!), cranberry sauce for Brad and I accidentally purchased Vegetable Stock I thought I put back on the shelf!  So not too bad for this long list of items! 





No comments:

Post a Comment