Friday, October 15, 2021

The Amazing Chaffle!

 A follower on my Facebook blog page brought my attention to the Chaffle. What is a chaffle you ask? Well, it's a Keto friendly waffle. It's made out of eggs and cheese and amazingly enough, it does remind you of a waffle! My entire family was amazed at how good these were! You have to try them!!


Oh So Simple Chaffles ~

Ingredients ~

2 Eggs

1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese

Instructions ~ 

Mix 2 eggs & mozzarella with a whisk in a small bowl. Heat waffle iron. Mini waffle irons are the perfect size for these chaffles but a regular size one works, too. I only have a regular size waffle iron so my single serve chaffles are not perfectly round. Scoop out a 1/4 cup of the batter and place in center of waffle iron. Let cook. I have my waffle iron set at 5 and that seems to cook my chaffles perfectly! 





You can refrigerate and freeze chaffles so you can make a bunch and store them. Mozzarella cheese is the best choice if you don't want to have a strong cheese flavor. But you can use other cheeses such as cheddar. I am hoping to try a few other recipes which will include savory & sweet versions of these. 

You can use chaffles as a replacement for your breads and tortillas. They are delicious and amazingly versatile! 

Recipe makes 4 chaffles. 



No comments:

Post a Comment