Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Mini 18th Anniversary Vacation

 My husband and I went away for a few days from Sunday through Tuesday of this week to celebrate our 18th Wedding Anniversary. We actually left the kids at home! We've only done that once before to attend a candy show over 6 years ago. So this was our first recreational trip without our kids since they were born! It was fun and very relaxing. We hope to do it at least once a year going forward. 







Besides us having a really great time, one amazing thing happened when I returned home and weighed in this morning. I was only up .2 pounds!

Now I know this may sound pretty mediocre to most BUT I always gain several pounds after a trip. Anywhere from 4 to 10 pounds after I am on vacation, even if I'm only gone a few days. I usually drop most of it, as long as I behave myself, within a week. But the gain always happens either way! I was hoping this would be the case, as I have read carbs tend to cause us to retain water! So this simple diet change confirms what my issue was on all those trips! Eating lots of carbage while away! It would always cause me to balloon when I got home from vacation! 

I am very proud of my husband and I as we stuck to our eating plan and did not falter. We did enjoy one drink of rum and diet coke but stuck to our low carb plan the entire time! We had eggs, bacon & sausage for breakfast both mornings. Steak fajitas for dinner Sunday night, ribeye steak on our anniversary night and kept to simple low carb snacks during the day if we needed anything else. But most of the time we were fine until dinner since we had a big breakfast. We also walked a ton! 

I would say this trip was a huge success in terms of our lifestyle changes! And the best part was, it was pretty darn easy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment