Saturday, October 9, 2021

Feeling Fabulous @ The End Of Week 6!!

I am feeling quite fabulous this week! I am feeling my best in all aspects of my health! I think I may be keto adapted as my ketones in the morning have been lower, my mood and energy have been good and my urine test strip I did on Wednesday was between 0 to .5 ketones. I will test again this weekend and see where I am at. 

You can see I between none & .5. All good signs I may be finally adapted!


What is keto adapted? It means our body is now able to use ketones efficiently to burn our stored fat and is basically getting used to doing so, which means that we will have less ketones in our urine as our body is using our ketones more efficiently, to burn our stored fat, and has less ketone waste in the urine. This is why using urine strips to measure ketones long term is not a good idea. People will see their ketones drop on the urine strip when they are adapted but then think they are out of ketosis, but they are not, they are keto adapted. I've been using my strips to determine if I am keto adapted, so it's been a great tool for that! 

Let's talk about my weight this week. I was up .2 this morning from last Saturday, but I am not stressing over that number. One major contributor is I started my period this morning and we all know that is a contributing factor to weight fluctuations in women. Speaking of periods, I have to say that my bloating and cramps have been very minimal this month. The cramps almost non existent really! I would have to argue that this has got to be the change in my diet. But we will see how the next few months go to determine that for sure. 



Again, I just am feeling really good this week! My stomach feels so much better. No bloating or gas. My constipation has improved and I did not have to take the milk of magnesia twice this week. I usually take it Monday & Friday to keep me regular when I was having issues with constipation through the first few weeks of starting Keto. I didn't even need to this past Friday. I am hoping that is due to my adaption. 

Another really positive thing to happen this week is my measurements! I measured this morning am I am down a total of 8.5 inches throughout my body. My next post will give the details of all my measurements. I am VERY happy with the results! People are also starting to notice. Even my employee her works with me everyday said she is starting to see I am losing weight! 

It has been a great Keto week and I definitely plan to continue this dietary lifestyle!  

No comments:

Post a Comment