Saturday, December 12, 2020

Day 33 - Learning To Understand How Stress Triggers My Eating

Yesterday was a tough day for cravings. I am dealing with something at work right now regarding an employee. I can't go into detail, but it's been stressful. I woke up at 4:30am yesterday and couldn't go back to sleep because of my prior days events. Then I got more stressful news yesterday. I woke up at 6:00am this morning and again, couldn't go back to sleep. So I decided to just get up and come to work to work on my blogs. 

But even with all this stress I am most proud of the fact that I am not using food to deal with it. I have been really trying to focus on my triggers, understand them and figure out what I can do to get past that moment and not grab food. I was definitely feeling hungrier yesterday. But not stomach growling hungry, but a feeling in my stomach that made me want to grab something, anything. I can definitely see the correlation between stress and food. I have never been so aware of it before.  

I certainly think this is a huge step in my progress to finally getting the weight off for good! So to say the least, I didn't falter yesterday! I had 1200 calories, so I was right where I wanted to be. 

I will say that this is the first "on days" I have felt has dragged. I think it's because of the last 2 stressful days I've had. I have 9 on days this period instead of 8 and I am sure that is playing a little part in me thinking it's taking forever to get through this period. LOL!

But I am more determined then ever! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment