Sunday, February 25, 2024

Time To Start Measuring Those Ketones!

I made sure to take a measurment of my blood sugar and ketones this morning to get a good starting point of where I am at. I knew my ketones would be non existant as I'm just starting out. I haven't measured in months so this is a good way to get myself motivated and work toward a goal to get my ketones up and working in a positive way for me!




My ketones were at .4 & my glucose at 75. I am not in ketosis which is not surprising as it can take a few days. I find this kind of interesting though because my carbs last week were not terrible. I had below 50 carbs for 3 days and below 90 the other 3 days. Some people can get into low ketosis by eating less then 100 or 150 carbs per day. It is clear that I am more sensitive to carbs as I do the best at less then 20. I think once I'm in ketosis and lose all my weight I will need to explore what my true limit is and try to not go over that going forward. I also need to explore what carb count works for me that won't cause me to crave carbs so much. Maintaining was fine for awhile, but then the carbs I was eating just kept increasing. I will need to learn how to prevent that from happening in the future when I am maintaining. I'm guessing as of right now, probably 50. It's a learning process, that is for sure! 

I still believe in this lifestyle change. With everything else in life, it's just a matter of learning what works best for me. I know I will get there and eventually get all of the kinks out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment