Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Some Important Tools To Have When Doing A Keto Diet

My ketones are slowly rising which is a great sign. I am waiting for some of the symptoms of Keto flu to start appearing. They usually last from 2 to 4 weeks depending on each person. I honestly don't remember how long it lasted for me. The biggest issue I had is with leg cramps. But I also suffered from fatigue, constipation & headaches. 


There are several items you should have on hand when you are doing the Keto Diet. 

1) Multi-Vitamin - You should be taking a multi-vitamin when doing the Keto diet to make sure you are getting all the proper vitamins & minerals everyday. Somedays you can come up short depending on what you eat, so this is important. 


2) Fiber Supplement - You should have some type of fiber supplement on had during the first few weeks of Keto. Most people will have some form of constipation while on the diet at first until your body adjusts to the diet changes. I use Milk Of Magnesia and take it about twice a week to stay regular. I was able to stop taking it at about 5 weeks into the diet. 



3) Salt - Another thing you can tend to lack on the Keto diet is salt. Americans usually don't have an issue with salt because it's in everything that is processed. But when you begin to eat healthier, you ultimately are getting less sodium in your diet. I wouldn't go nuts with the salt but have something around that will help make sure your sodium intake is not too low for the day. I use Gatorade Zero Fruit Punch as my main go to. But I also realized a couple of pickles would also add in a good amount of sodium. Just be aware, there are carbs in both gatorade & pickles. These two items will be my go to foods to make sure my sodium does not fall too low. Lack of sodium can cause leg cramps. 



Water - Water is vital in your diet. It will help with leg cramps during Keto flu. BUT, be careful, if you drink to much you could be flushing out sodium from your system in the process. Low sodium can cause leg cramps. You have to figure out a good balance. 



No comments:

Post a Comment