Saturday, February 24, 2024

I'm Back! But It's Been A Bit Of A Struggle.

I know it's been way too long since my last post. Over a year here on my blog and since June on Facebook. I've had my share of struggles and managed pretty well for awhile there. Then in August my sister, who had a stroke in 2019, fell and was put on comfort care. The stroke did a number on her and pretty much changed her drastically. She could have been flown down to PA after the fall but there was no guarantees surgery could help. So her husband and daughters decided to put her on comfort care. I agreed with this decision. After her stroke, she continued to decline and her quality of life was poor. We all knew it was time. I immediately went to see her, she was concious for very short periods of time. I stayed with my family for 3 weeks until she passed away. It was a rough month, but I managed to keep my eating under control. 

My mom passed in 2017 and now my sister in 2023. They were the most important women in my life. These were really tough losses for me, seeing my sister go through her stroke, change and then pass away last year was so hard. My weight was all over the place during the months that followed but I seemed to be holding on by the skin of my teeth for a little while. But ever since November, I have been back and forth between the 180's & the 190's. I've tried getting back on track with no success. I really don't think my motivation was where it should've been. I was going through a lot and unfortunately, I counted on my old stand by for comfort. 

I started looking at some pictures of me after my 100 pound weight loss this past week while I was on vacation with my family at our camp. Doing that began to really motivate me to get back on track and get the weight I gained off and to finally get to my goal weight. This morning I began to read my blog around the time I started Keto and that helped motivate me even more! So today is the day! I swear! So help me God, I will get the weight I gained off and then some!!

So here is where I am at. Today I weighed in at 194.8. Yes, that is 22.8 pounds over my lowest weight of 172. I've been trying for the last month to get back on track and my body seems to be protesting! I haven't mananged to drop much weight at all. I got down to 190.4 from 193.0 but jumped up to 191.8 before we left for vacation at our camp. I did pretty good this week while at camp. I ate most days less then I burned and my carbs stayed under 50 grams for over half of our stay. It's not perfect, but better then I had been doing when I travel or during holidays lately. This morning I had gained 3 pounds since before I left. Not too bad, now the hope is my body will cooperate and that 3 pounds will come off quickly. We shall see! 

I've been trying to evaluate what went wrong. I think the problem was I began to slowly reintroduce carbs back in to my diet. I was failing to monitor myself like I should have and the amount of carbs I would have on a "cheat day" kept increasing.  So the more carbs I ate, the more I craved them. I also think that I really need to stay under 20 carbs per day if I want to see any type of weight loss. Although I have done that a lot in February, I haven't been perfect at it. I need to commit and fight the urge for those carbs until I become adapted again. Once I'm adapted, doing Keto becomes ten times easier and I don't crave the damn carbs! But I also know, if I am going to shoot to become Keto adapted, I need to commit to get to my ultimate goal weight of 145 pounds! So I swear I will do my best to fight the good fight and get back on track and lose the weight I gained AND my final few pounds to get to my ultimate and final goal weight!

We all have hicups in life. My failures and mistakes in life do not define who I am, it's how I handle those failures and mistakes going forward. This is just another challenge life has thrown at me and I KNOW I CAN FIGHT THROUGH IT AND MEET MY GOALS AND GET BACK ON TRACK!






 


No comments:

Post a Comment