Thursday, June 8, 2017

Finally Getting Back On Track & Learning!

Yes, it's been awhile since I last posted. But not as long as in the past, so I guess that counts for something. I've taken a hard look at my situation and how I've been doing in the past few months. I've lost my focus off and on but I think I'm finally back there again!

One of the things I decided I would try doing is get a better understanding of why my body fluctuates so much when it comes to weight. I let the scale play with my head all the time and then I end up sabotaging myself! This has just got to stop!!

So for the first time I committed to weighing myself every single day of the week! And guess what? It's been rather enlightening. I have done tremendously well this week and have ate the best I have ate in a long time. But here is what I learned...

First I will show you my daily weight:

6/1 - 232.8 1238 Lots of appts

6/2 - 233.5 1607 Lots of appts TKD

6/3 - 232.1 1779 Yard Sales All Morning

6/4 - 232.8 1489 Expo

6/5 - 231.5 1350 Memory Appt & TKD

6/6 - 230.4 1764 Morgan Birthday Prep

6/7 - 231.7 1310

6/8 - 230.6 Calories Not Available

It seems the more active I am the better chance my weight goes up for a brief moment! Another factor seems to be if I change my daily calories by more then 200 or 300 calories, that also causes a spike. Even though I am still in a healthy range, my body seems to respond to the change but I quickly drop it usually the next day or two.

I also went online and have discovered that you can not only retain water from eating out but also from exercise! I did not know this. This may also explain why I tend to gain so much on vacation and am then able to easily lose it when I return (as long as I behave when I get home. LOL!)  from my trip. Beside eating out all week, which I figured was the main culprit, I walk a ton on vacation and usually get plenty of exercise! So this is helping me finally sort through my weight fluctuations and I think will help me stay confident going forward even when the scale goes up!

This also explains why I gained over 2 pounds after the weekend I had a yard sale and got a good work out both days! But I let the scale get to me and just ate what I wanted during the 4 days around memorial day weekend! Luckily not too much damage was done. It's going to be great to have a better understanding of my body going forward!

I am so glad I did this! Onward I go to get to the 220's!! Just .6 pounds to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment