Saturday, March 20, 2021

My House Renovations

We are very excited to be renovating our kitchen, dining room, living room and entrance room! But with that comes stress! I am hopeful that it will be all good stress and won't effect my eating habits. Or at least, I will do my best not to allow it to do so. I am giving myself permission right now to allow myself an extra diet coke or two when needed to get through these times. I find if I do that it keeps me away from eating what I shouldn't. I had a stressful day at work a couple of days ago and used this tactic and it worked like a charm! I do make sure I drink PLENTY of water, so no worries there! So far I have been doing lots of pre-planning and getting stuff ordered in plenty of time. So I am hopeful the stress level will stay low. I will share our progress of the renovation here on my blog! We hope to have actual construction started by mid April!

I am doing a Mexican/Southwest Theme. I am Latino myself. My dad is from El Salvador, so this just feels right for me. Here is a sneak peak of the cabinetry, tiles and flooring we picked out.

These cabinets we purchased are natural hickory. I love them! They should arrive next week!


Here is the flooring that just arrived yesterday! It is called Guadalupe! 


57 Boxes!!


My kids helping haul the flooring into our storage unit behind our house. They had fun and made a game of it. LOL


Here are the tiles for half the counter tops and the backsplash for my kitchen. In the solid color tile picture I purchased all the colors but the white tiles. 



We are taking 2 walls out. The ones between the kitchen and dining room and the kitchen and living room to create a much more open space. The kitchen is moving to the dining room and the dining room to the kitchen. We plan to repaint and put in new flooring in the living room, dining room and kitchen. The entrance room will get new flooring. We are also updating the bathroom in the current kitchen to match the flooring and cabinetry in the kitchen and dining room! We are super excited and can't wait until it's all done!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment