Monday, November 9, 2020

Day 1 - A Reboot!

 Day 1 - As of today I am 272.2 pounds. Covid has not been easy to deal with as a business owner and life has been stressful. The gym closed and I dealt with a lot at work. So I have gained a ridiculous amount of weight! 

Last month, October, being my Anniversary, Birthday and Halloween month and this past weekend being my scrapbook retreat has not helped, I know I am past due to get back on track and desperately need to do so!

I am currently scrapbooking pictures from 2013 and I was much thinner back then. Seeing this encouraged me to get back to a better place health wise. 

So today, I take the first step to tying once again to find what works for me. My new tactic is to watch my diet carefully for 8 days and have one "Free Day" to eat a favorite food or two. But I'm actually putting it on the calendar so when I crave I will remind myself that I only have so many days until my "Free Day". I picked the 9th day to start because it's over a week but shorter then 2 weeks which I think will be manageable to start. I want to be reasonable and create a plan I can live with and holidays are a time I would like to enjoy good food.  Thanksgiving lines up just right with my second free day. I will not weigh myself until my free days as well. 

Once the holidays are passed, I hope to increase my time between free days to up to 12 days. These free days will be the light and the end of the tunnel in my mind. I think too many times I say to myself, I will treat myself thinking it wasn't that long ago since I had done so, when in all actuality I treat myself more often then I realize!   

I have been going back to the gym for awhile now and that has helped my joints and flexibility, but my real problem is my food intake, so I am going to really focus on that carefully for the next 8 days! I have my fingers crossed that weight loss will follow. But I will keep track of my clothes and how they fit as well, knowing that weight loss doesn't always appear on the scale as quickly as we all would like. 

Onward....






No comments:

Post a Comment