Monday, March 14, 2022

Stuck Home Last Week With Covid

What a week! Started feeling not so great on Monday. Ended up at the ER Tuesday late afternoon thinking I might have appendicitis and didn't want to ignore my symptoms. Of course, had to have a Covid test done when I got to the ER. I had the really nasty one that they go all the way up your nose. That was the most unpleasant thing I've experienced in a long time! Good news is no appendicitis, but a I just have a "bad virus" as they put it. So I go home and have to quarantine until my test results come back. Well my Covid test came back Wednesday positive! Ugh! My employee also wasn't feeling well on Monday and she also tested positive on Wednesday.

I had to quarantine through Friday. My kids started not feeling well so I kept them home on Wednesday and they both tested positive by Thursday. They go back to school on Wednesday.

Good news is, we are all feeling better. Even more good news is my weight has dropped a few pounds. On March 10th I was down to 187.6! My weight has fluctuated up and down since but has stayed in the 180's. Now, I just need to stay focused so I can continue to drop.


I do think I have been eating too many snacks that are encouraging more nibbling then usual. More nuts, popcorn now and then and also yogurt which has more carbs in it. The yogurt has been important though with some stomach issues that came with having Covid. So that one I don't plan to change. I think for me I want to try to watch the nibbling in between meals. I seem to be doing a lot more of that lately and want to break that habit. My stomach has been feeling wonky since Covid and I don't think that is helping. I think the key is to stay focused and not forget how I got here and make sure I'm staying on track and doing what I need to to keep those carbs under 20 per day!

I've allowed myself to go over a lot more often lately. Yesterday I was having a nibbling fest and ended up having chocolate and popcorn. I did manage to have 50 carbs and no more. But I don't like the fact I am going over the 20 carbs a day a lot more often lately. So today, it's time to refocus!!

I am about 5 pounds away from hitting the 90 pound mark! Such a big milestone, so I certainly don't want to screw things up now! Onward!


No comments:

Post a Comment