Sunday, August 18, 2024

Took A Side Turn - Time For A Reset!!

So as we can tell, I have not posted in awhile. Life has just been super busy and my motivation hasn't been where it needs to be. I was on vacation in Montreal this past week and decided to just enjoy the week with some delicious food! I got home Friday and took yesterday as another day to relax and enjoy. I weighed in at 199 yesterday morning.  This morning I was at 197.6. I was at 189.8 on 8/9/24. I left for vacation on 8/11/24. That is actually really good! We did do a LOT of walking while in Montreal. We visited the underground shopping area and walked 20K steps on Tuesday alone. I'm sure this has helped my vacation gain from being a lot worse!

I am super motivated at this point and am feeling very ready for change. I have noticed that my mood has been just ok, my s. drive is at the mid to low end. It's like I want to but am too tired to follow through and initiate. Most importantly I have been feeling a lot of aches and pains. I am sure some of it is from all the activity this past week but I can't help but feel eating all the carbs doesn't help! My hands have hurt, my back and my shoulders, too. My feet hurt but that is from all the walking I'm sure!

I also just feel less confident, more figity and anxious and just don't feel as good as I was during the better days on KETO. I think the confidence issue is more from me failing and not doing what I need to to get back on track. I am also questioning if my blood pressure may be up now and then. I am considering investing in a blood pressure meter. I have never had high blood pressure, but I know it can be an issue as you age. Definately something I want to consider checking more regularly to be sure I am not having an issue with that. 

I think doing 50 carbs just isn't going to work for me right now. I need to stick around 20. Preferably below that! I want to get to the 160's, which has been my goal for awhile and I have had difficuty getting there. Once I do, I may then consider 50 carbs a day once I see how I feel. I do think when I'm trying to cut my carbs initially I need to do it all or nothing. I think the more I step away from carbs in the beginning, the better start I have. I can honestly say being around the 50 carb mark made it too easy to have a little extra here and there. The beginning is always the hardest for me as I try to get away from the carbs. The craving seemed to stick around longer this time with me being around 50. Many times not really making it that low. So the lower I go the easier and quicker it is to stay away from the carbs. The cravings disappear quicker!

I am also evaluating my exercise routine. In all honesty, I don't have one right now. I found this great exercise app. It provides challenges and you get a medal at the end of the challenge. They have a great app and themes to go along with it. I just signed up today for their Scooby Doo Challenge with my family and a couple of friends. I have to walk 50 miles! It's called The Conquerer Challenge. I will post more about that when I have more time. 

I also want to start trying different things for exercise. I have cancelled my gym membership today as I never seem to get there. I am going to start trying to think of creative ways to walk during the winter months instead. I am also going to try changing things up and incorporating stength training into my routine as I know it's more important the older I get. Here are some of my ideas: 

Archery Twice A Week - Fetching each arrow one at a time for more steps. 

Strength Training Three Times A Week - Including up and down my steps, squats, push ups, Leg Lifts, Etc. 

Tae Kwon Do Once A Week - Practice Patterns

Walking Two to Three Times A Week

So far today has gone well. I haven't calculated everything yet and I know I am over 20 grams of carbs, but I do know I did really well for my first day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment