Sunday, November 28, 2021

Gained A Couple Of Pounds The Last Few Days...Why?

 I have done well since Thanksgiving. I ate less then 1800 calories and had below 50 grams of carbs like I had planned for that day. So all in all Thanksgiving went well. But my weight has continued to go up each morning since then. It was up to over 212 Friday and Saturday then went up to over 213 this morning. Hhhmmmm...

I got right back on track right after Thanksgiving and have kept my calories  where they should be and my carbs below 20 grams per day, aside from yesterday where I was at 25g, but that usually does not effect me. 

I didn't record any of my weigh in's over the last few days because I know this is a temporary spike in my weight. It will have to come back down again at some point because I am doing nothing differently. I just wanted to make note of it here so I can refer back to this information in the future. 

I am pretty sure it has to do with my period. I don't always have a gain during my period but I do sometimes. I have not started yet, but I do hope this is the key to the weight gain. I will continue to monitor my weight everyday and see if my period getting ready to start is indeed the culprit! We shall see! 

Not a whole lot I can control with this. The only thing I can do is continue on the course and stick with my diet. I can't let this gain play with my head and I certainly do not intend to let it do so. All I can say is.....



....and continue to soldier on and do what is right for my health! 


Update 11/29/21 - Weighed in this morning at exactly 211 pounds. Started my period yesterday afternoon so I now know that was definitely the cause! Hoping to be in the single digits by Friday morning! 


No comments:

Post a Comment