Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Weigh In Day!

Well this morning was the big morning. If I ended up gaining one more time, I had decided I would stop fasting for a couple of weeks and give my body a break. But if I lost any of the 3 lbs I gained I would keep going. My real hope was I would be down 4 pounds. Losing my 3 I gained the last couple of weeks, plus an extra pound.

Well guess what? I was down 4 pounds!! Yay! I now have faith in this 5:2 plan once again! I am so happy!

I am now 206.6 pounds. The lightest I have been in 11 years! Wow, it feels so good to see that number! I am so close to my goal of hitting 199 pounds! Brad, my husband, thought for sure that eating ham at Easter may have caused my weight gain. Whatever it was, I am just glad I went back down.

There is nothing more disappointing, when you are fasting, then seeing a weight gain! Fasting is not easy by any means. Easier then I thought it would be, but very challenging. Especially working in a candy store! So seeing any type of gain is tough. But gaining these 3 lbs was a good thing. Because now I know, if I keep at it, it will come back off. We all know that our weight can fluctuate, especially with certain foods we eat.

I am really going to work hard on having a good week now that a few major events are out of the way. Hopefully I will be on the downward slope in the next couple of weeks!

I have a big trip I am going on May 19th. My husband and I are going to the largest candy trade show in the US called the Sweet & Snack Expo. We will leave Monday May 19th and return Thursday evening of that week. We are very excited as we have always wanted to attend this big show. We probably won't go again for another 5 years! Brad and I have friends looking after the kids, so it will be just him and I going. We are certainly looking forward to some "us" time.

Our biggest challenge is not gaining weight during this time as we will be testing different candies. But when we went to a trade show in Atlantic City in January 2012, just a week after starting our weight loss journey, we both still lost weight when we got back!

I don't expect to lose weight, but I am hopeful we don't gain. We plan to fast the day we leave which is a Monday and then we will fast the following Friday. But no matter what happends, at least I do know, if we do gain, even if we put in a good effort, the pounds will eventually come off!


No comments:

Post a Comment