Saturday, May 24, 2014

Back From My Trip & Had A Blast

We had a wonderful time in Chicago and an absolute blast at the candy show! Here is a link to my album on Facebook if you would like to see pictures.

Facebook Album - Sweet & Snack Expo 2014

With that said, I weighed in the morning we left and I was up almost 3 pounds! I didn't eat the greatest over the weekend, I will be honest. Even though it was my intention to do well before we left. :P  I do believe most of that gain is water retention.

Well I weighed in this morning and was up another 5 pound!! Ouch! That was with fasting the Monday we left! We both did great on our fasting day. We ended up having a great Panera Bread Salad just down the street from our hotel! We never once faltered on our fast day I am proud to say!

Our Salad:



Even though I gained on the scale, I have to say, it was all worth it! We had a such a great time and tried all kinds of great products. I know that most of the weight will drop over the next couple of weeks. Even if it delays me to getting to my goal of 199, I don't care. This is a show we will go to maybe once every 5 years. And some times we just need to live a little!

We actually stopped trying things (samples) during the afternoons of the show and had 24 pounds of samples that we shipped back to ourselves on Thursday morning! Couldn't fit them in our bags and that was even after purchasing a small suit case! LOL! We should get those on Wednesday.

I stopped counting calories half way through Tuesday, the first day of the show! LOL! It was really nice to take a break from doing that for awhile. I do it every single day of my life with a break now and then. I've decided to take a break from calorie counting through this holiday weekend!  I will go back to counting calories on Tuesday! We will not fast on Monday since it is a holiday. Instead we (Brad and I) will fast on Wednesday & Friday next week.

I am not sure if I mentioned that Brad is now fasting with me. He started a few weeks ago and is doing well. I won't weigh in again for a few weeks. No need to shock myself and weigh in on Tuesday after enjoying the weekend!


I am confident that I will drop this weight in 2 to 3 weeks then back to my goal of 199! Life is too short to not enjoy it. So enjoy I shall do! Stay tuned....

More food pics from the trip!

Enjoyed a Baileys Shake after our first day at the show. Was great to relax and sit outside on a beautiful night with my wonderful hubby and no kids tugging at us through our whole meal! LOL!

Brad enjoying a relaxing drink!

Chicago Dog!


Quesadilla Tuesday night after a long day at the show! Loved it! Had a cheeseburger and fries at the show for lunch. Big mistake, it was heavy on my tummy. Especially after eating sugar all morning! LOL! We did better the next day. I had chicken and potatoes for lunch and tacos, beans and rice for dinner. You know me and my Mexican food! ;)
 

We walked to UPS 5:45 in the morning on Thursday to ship our samples. Stopped at a great little coffee shop for breakfast and it was only $10 bucks! We spent $30 the day before on 2 donuts, 2 milks and 2 fruit cups at the convention center. Lesson learned! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment